ICT PROJECT MANAGER
Far North Queensland Ports Corporation Limited, trading as Ports North, is a company Queensland Government Owned Corporation responsible for the development and management of the declared Ports of Cairns, Cape Flattery, Karumba, Mourilyan, Skardon River, Quintell Beach, Thursday Island, Burketown and Cooktown. Ports North has a range of strategic land holdings. The organisation manages an extensive property portfolio and operates a Marina with significant reef fleet and superyacht operations. In addition the Port of Cairns is a major cruise shipping destination being the fourth most popular destination for cruise ships in Australia. Ports North’s operations and facilities are vital to the economic development of the regional centres they service and the State’s tourism and export performance.
The ICT Project Manager is accountable for Ports North’s SPUR (Systems Process Upgrade and Renewal) Project. The SPUR Project Manager will lead a project team and will project manage the development of a business case for, and if approved, the delivery and implementation of a new SPUR system for Ports North.
Reporting to the Project Director, specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively developing the SPUR Project Business Case at best-practice standards;
- Engaging and leading the SPUR Project team;
- Optimally planning the project to ensure the system meets all business user requirements;
- Providing clear, open and regular Project progress reports and communication to relevant stakeholders including the Executive Team and Steering Committee;
- Integrating the Project solution in a manner that adds maximum efficiency and value with minimal risk;
- Successfully delivering the Project within the defined constraints of scope, timing, budget, quality, risk, and resources.
This role will suit an experienced ICT Project Manager with Prince 2 certification or similar. Demonstrated success in leading and managing multiple and complex ICT projects is essential. In-depth knowledge of and practical experience with ERP systems and concepts are also key. This role will appeal to individuals committed to delivering transformational business outcomes by effectively engaging all stakeholders. Personal qualities will include superior interpersonal skills as well as a data-driven and analytical work approach.
The SPUR Project Manager is a critical role in the ongoing development and advancement of Ports North. This is a 2 - 3 year contract position. Persons interested in exploring this excellent opportunity are invited to forward details of experience and qualifications to Dr Nerida Hillberg, BBehSc(Hons), GAICD, MAPS, MAHRI, Talent and Organisational Development Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org
FERRIS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS PTY LTD
Level 22 Central Plaza
345 Queen Street
Brisbane QLD 4000