Download Position Description|Permanent|Cairns|Closes 03/04/2020
Ports North is responsible for the development and management of port facilities vital to the development of Cairns and regional centres in Far North Queensland. The Corporation has extensive property, marina, tourism and cargo facilities in Cairns and its regional ports.
Its ports handle bulk shipments of sugar, molasses, silica sands, zinc, fuel, fertilisers, log products, minerals, livestock and general and project cargo.
The Manager Assets is accountable for providing leadership in the asset management of port infrastructure including wharves, jetties and marina facilities, navigation channels, berth pockets, electrical networks and other services, buildings, landscaping, foreshores, pavements and marine and mechanical plant to achieve corporate objectives. Reporting to the General Manager Planning and Infrastructure, specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the Assets Team in the management of works programs and budgets to meet long term operational and maintenance objectives for port infrastructure and plant and equipment;
- Deliver contract and in-house maintenance and general services including dredging, pile driving, pilot vessel and other on-water operations, emergency response services, building services and other general services including water, sewerage and electrical supply and waste collection services;
- Review and improve asset and maintenance management systems including identification of options and preparation towards implementing computerised maintenance management systems;
- Develop Asset Management Strategies that consider whole of life cost and development and replacement programs;
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret statutory regulations to ensure compliance with legislation and incorporate in asset management and maintenance procedure and programs.
This role will suit an experienced engineer with extensive asset management skills to contribute to the ongoing success of Ports North. Formal engineering tertiary qualifications and demonstrated successful leadership experience in management and delivery of asset and maintenance strategies, works programs and budgets to meet long term operational and maintenance objectives is required. Experience in contract development, management and negotiation is essential.
This role will appeal to detail-minded individuals who focus on delivering outcomes. Personal attributes will include the capability to influence and gain the commitment of others using strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
The Manager Assets is a key management position in Ports North. Persons interested in exploring this excellent opportunity are invited to forward applications including details of experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or Recruitment – Ports North, PO Box 594, Cairns, Qld, 4870 by Friday 3 April 2020.
For further enquiries relating to the role please contact Kerry Egerton (General Manager Corporate Services) on 0740523811