Contractor Health and Safety Rules
Ports North Contactor Health and Safety Rules apply only to contractors, and their subcontractors, directly engaged by Ports North
Contractors or their workers carrying out works for Ports North on Cairns Port workplaces and facilities, are required to sign in and out using WhosOnLocation. This requirement only applies to Ports North engaged contractors, and their subcontractors, working at the Cairns Port, Mourilyan Port and facilities.
Permit to Work
The following permits to work are in operation for specified works at Port North. The permits operate for independent purposes and therefore both may be required to be completed.
Contractor Permit to Work
The Contractor Permit to Work is to be completed by all Contractors, and their subcontractors
- engaged directly by Ports North; and
- conducting work activities as detailed in Part 2.1 Work Activities of the permit
Operational Permit to Work
The Operational Permit to Work is to be completed by all Contractors, and their subcontractors
- engaged directly by Ports North; tenants or Port users; and
- working on a wharf, pontoon or vessel; and
- conducting work activities as detailed in Ports North Port Notices Section 4.1 Work Permits